This casserole is a perfect Winter Comfort Food!
Prep Time: 30 min
Bake Time: 1 hr
1 cup milk
1 Tb butter or olive oil for greasing the baking dish
1 medium onion
4 medium or 6 small potatoes
8 oz blend of favorite cheeses e.g. (cheddar & Swiss) or (goat cheese & Parmesan)
Approximately 1 Tb salt
Black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Use butter or olive oil to generously grease an 8X8 square baking dish or a circular baking dish with at least 10 inch diameter.
3. Rinse and peel 6 small or 4 med potatoes. Slice into thin circles or oval-shaped discs approximately 1/8 inch wide.
4. Peel and slice onion into thin crescent shapes.
5. Grate 8 oz of cheese and blend cheeses together. *Reserve goat cheese, if using. (Will use small dabs of the soft cheese in each layer of the casserole).
6. Spread approximately ¼ of the onion slices in the bottom of the pan.
7. Assemble the casserole into 3 layers in the following order (potato slices, cheese, milk, onion, a few shakes of salt and pepper). Use approximately 1/3 of each of the remaining ingredients in each of the 3 layers.
8. Bake for 1 hour. Enjoy!
By Amanda Barnum